POTASSIUM CITRATE SUPPLEMENT USED TO TREAT AND PREVENT POTASSIUM DEPLETION
K-Citra is a potassium citrate supplement recommended for the treatment or prevention of hypokalemia (potassium depletion) which does not result from dietary deficiency and to help reduce kidney stone formation. K-Citra is the potassium citrate supplement of choice due to its high tolerability and low stomach discomfort.
Best suited for
Hypertensive patients on thiazide therapy when the body is depleted of potassium
To be taken only on the advice of a physician and only when adequate dietary supplementation is not practical. Discontinue if abdominal pain, distention, nausea, vomiting or gastrointestinal bleeding occur. Consult your healthcare provider prior to use if you are pregnant or nursing, have a medical condition, or when taking medication.
Exceptional Access Program (ON) for Renal Tubular Acidosis and The Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (QC) for hypokalemia
For more information on kidney stones and how they are formed, please visit:
The Kidney Stone Foundation of Canada – Kidney Stones
K-Citra is a registered trademark of Seaford Pharmaceuticals Inc.
PRODUCT FEATURES & BENEFITSMild tasting liquid format providing faster onset of action, can be diluted in any beverage and ideal for pediatric and geriatric patients who may prefer a liquid format
INGREDIENTS:Each 5 mL (teaspoon) contains 1080 mg potassium citrate (10 mEq K+)
- For hypokalemia prevention: 10-20 mL daily in 2-4 divided doses
- For hypokalemia treatment: 20-50 mL daily in 2-5 divided doses
- Dilute in at least 250 mL cold water or juice, taken immediately after meals or with food to lessen possible stomach upset.
PRODUCT FEATURES & BENEFITSSustained release tablet format that is easy to swallow
INGREDIENTS:Each slow-release tablet contains 1080 mg potassium citrate (10 mEq K+)
- For hypokalemia prevention: 2-4 tablets daily in divided doses
- For hypokalemia treatment: 4-6 tablets daily in divided doses
- It is recommended not to exceed 10 tablets per day. Take with or after meals.